Tulsa Figure Skating Club
Tulsa, OK 74153
The 2016-2017 Board members and their jobs are listed below. Board members are elected by the general membership to serve three year terms. The Board members elect the officers (President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer) each year. To email a Board Member, just click on a name.
Any member of Tulsa Figure Skating Club can request to attend a board meeting and put an item on the agenda. Send requests to the Secretary 2 weeks prior to the next board meeting.
* indicates an officer
|Name||Office or Committee||Board term through|
|Robert Baker||President*, Rink/Coach Liason||June 2018|
|Mary Anne McGivern||Vice-President*||June 2017|
|Kim Downing||June 2018|
|Jack Vest||Treasurer*||June 2019|
|Kathy Gibson||Safe Sport||June 2019|
|George Reaves||June 2019|
|Stacy Reaves||Test, Trial Judges||June 2020|
|Mary Lou Robinson||Membership||June 2018|
|Renee Schmucker||June 2017|
|Jennifer White||Marketing/Public Relations||June 2019|
|Mary Westbrook||June 2019|
Meet the board
Robert began skating in Tulsa when he was four years old. Robert has competed on a Regional and Sectional level in Men’s Freestyle, Ice Dancing, and Pair’s Free Skating. Robert was an alternate twice for Nationals in both Pair’s and Men’s Freestyle Skating. Robert and his dance partner were Regional and Sectional Dance Champions in Intermediate and Novice Dance. Robert is a Double Gold Medalist in Men’s Freestyle, and in Men’s Field Moves. Robert has had the privilege to skate in some of the best training facilities in the country, and to be coached by world and international renowned coaches, in addition to his coaches here in Tulsa all contributing to a wonderful skating career of 15 years. Robert is excited to be coaching back here in Tulsa where it all began. Robert is certified by the Professional Skating Association, and a member of the USFSA. When Robert isn’t coaching, he enjoys spending time with is five children and lovely wife Holly Baker. Robert works alongside his father, Brad Baker, for Chickasaw Distributors Inc. which was founded nearly 40 years ago by his grandfather Bud Baker. Chickasaw Distributors manages and services tubing and casing for offshore/onshore drilling to majors such as ExxonMobil, Shell, and many others in the industry. Robert also is active in “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints”. Robert and his family faithfully attend and serve in various leadership positions with in their local congregation. The family business Motto is “Chickasaw distributors Inc. is synonymous with service”. As a proud Native American Indian of the Chickasaw Tribe, Robert has lived up to that motto all of his life, and continues to live by that motto. Robert believes success and happiness in work, family, and play revolves around an attitude of serving others at all times and in all places.
Mary Anne McGivern
- University of Tulsa, Bachelor of Arts
- Management Development Center – University of Tulsa
- American Management Association – Chicago
- Official with The United States Figure Skating Association
- Past National Chair for United States Figure Skating State Games of America Committee.
- Member of the Junior League of Tulsa
- Past Member of the Panhellenic Board and Chi Omega Sorority Board
- Board Member and Officer of Tulsa Figure Skating Club
- Board Member of the Tulsa Figure Skating Foundation
- Lifetime member of The United States Tennis Association
- Past official with United States Tennis Association
- Previous USFSA Professional and member of the Professional Skaters Guild
- Reading Partners of America – mentor and reading coach
- Lifetime Member of University of Tulsa Lettermen’s Club, past President and Secretary, present Board Member
- Previously volunteered for the Junior Philharmonic, Junior Opera Guild, Ballet, Ball Grand Prix, American Heart Association, Philbrook Art Center, Philharmonic Grand Prix, Chi Omega Alumni Association
Jack has been a long time member of Tulsa Figure Skating Club, including a past president of the organization. He is often not recognized by those newer to our local skating community because he is busy working behinde the scenes. During competitions, he is locked up all day in the accountant’s office, tirelessly entering judges’ scores and printing out the all important final results. Jack has received his National level appointment for competition accounting and frequently serves in that capacity at qualifying competitions.
Mary Lou Robinson
Mary Lou has been a Tulsa Figure Skating Club Member for 10 years, serving as membership chairperson for several years.
Mary Lou is a native of Kansas City (living on both sides of the state line) and has called Tulsa home for the past 16 years. She worked at the University of Kansas Medical Center for twenty years in the Cardiology Department, for the past 8 years has been on staff at Junior Achievement of Oklahoma. She has also volunteered at Jenks Public School, American Heart Association and Junior League.
Jennifer Hicks White
Jennifer Hicks White has been a member of the TFSC for over 30 years. She is a former competitive figure skater for the club, figure skating coach, and currently serves as Gold Test Freestyle and MIF judge, as well as Bronze Dance Test judge for the Tulsa Figure Skating Club.
Jennifer has a B.S. in Exercise Physiology from The University of Tulsa. She is also a Certified Personal Trainer, Yoga instructor, and recently became a Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist. She runs the Motiva Corporate Fitness Center for Blue Cross Blue Shield of OK employees.
Jennifer lives in Tulsa with her husband Stan and daughter Keeley.
Stacy W. Reaves is an adjunct professor at Tulsa Community College and a historian with Reaves’ Research and Consulting. She is the author of several books. Reaves holds a B.S. in Historic Preservation from Southeast Missouri State University and a M. A. and Ph.D in history from Oklahoma State University.
She has worked with non-profits as a museum director, curator and as a consultant. These have gained her experience with fundraising and management of volunteer staffs.
Reaves has served on the Tulsa Figure Skating Club board for two years and is the current test committee chair. Her daughter, Camille has been skating and competing for five years with the Tulsa Figure Skating Club and Oiler’s Ice Center.
George Reaves is the father of skater Camille Reaves. Prior to Camille’s interest in skating he had no experience with the sport. George is a Senior Engineering Manager at L-3 Aeromet. His interests include flying, and antique and classic boats. As an active member of the Heartland Classics Chapter of the International Antique and Classic Boat Society (ACBS) George developed an award winning website promoting both Heartland Classics and ACBS interests as well as the hobby of classic boating (www.heartland-classics.org). George has just completed a 5 year rotation on the Heartland board including two terms as president and is the current past president advisor to the board. His figure skating interests include becoming an appointed announcer for USFS. Other club support interests include promotion of events and activities via website management as well as active participation in social media outlets. George and his family have called Tulsa home for 18 years and look forward to assisting TFSC in any way possible.
The Club governance is spelled out by the Constitution and the Bylaws. Committee structures may vary from year to year to implement and manage various programs as needed.
- President – The President will have the responsibility for supervision and management of the Club and its property, subject to the pleasure of the Board of Governors.
- Vice President – Will assist the President in the discharge of his or her duties.
- Treasurer – Have charge of the funds of the Club and account and report.
- Secretary – Keep the minutes of the meetings of the Club and Board, supervise all documents and reports connected with the business of the club, supervise the keeping of the role of members. Notify applicants for membership of acceptance or rejection. Supervise the correspondence of the Club and prepare issue notices of all meetings of the Club or Board.
Designated by the Organization:
- Test – Will have charge of giving all official USFSA tests, and setting dates and obtaining approved USFSA judges for the tests. The Chair will maintain records of testing activities.
- Membership – Will actively administer the Club’s membership.
- Sanctions – Will obtain and ensure proper performance and competition sanctions for all club sponsored events.
- SafeSport – Point of contact for SafeSport incident reporting and ensures policies of USFS SafeSport program are followed at all club events.
- Fundraising – Organize and administer major adopted fundraisers such as the Poinsettias, Spring Flowers and others as developed. May be in conjunction with the Tulsa Figure Skating Foundation.
- Competitions – Organize and implement all organized competition initiatives for the Club.
- Marketing/PR, Sponsorship – Communicate with external media regarding club events and competition results. Develop and maintain a sponsorship advertising program.