Tulsa Figure Skating Club
Tulsa, OK 74153
The current Board members and their jobs are listed below. Board members are elected by the general membership to serve three year terms. The Board members elect the officers (President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer) each year. To email a Board Member, just click on a name.
Any member of Tulsa Figure Skating Club can request to attend a board meeting and put an item on the agenda. Send requests to the Secretary 2 weeks prior to the next board meeting.
* indicates an officer
|Name||Office or Committee||Board term through|
|Angie Simants||President* / Safe Sport||June 2024|
|Robert Baker||Vice-President*||June 2024|
|George Reaves||Website||June 2022|
|Nelie Stoyanova||June 2023|
|Stephanie Guglielmo||Secretary||June 2022|
|Katelyn Karnuth||June 2024|
|Jack Vest||Treasurer*||June 2022|
|Sharon Giefer||June 2023|
|David Makin||Secretary||June 2023|
|Taylor J.||Test Chair|
Meet the Board
The Club governance is spelled out by the Constitution and the Bylaws. Committee structures may vary from year to year to implement and manage various programs as needed.
- President – The President will have the responsibility for supervision and management of the Club and its property, subject to the pleasure of the Board of Governors.
- Vice President – Will assist the President in the discharge of his or her duties.
- Treasurer – Have charge of the funds of the Club and account and report.
- Secretary – Keep the minutes of the meetings of the Club and Board, supervise all documents and reports connected with the business of the club, supervise the keeping of the role of members. Notify applicants for membership of acceptance or rejection. Supervise the correspondence of the Club and prepare issue notices of all meetings of the Club or Board.
Designated by the Organization:
- Test – Will have charge of giving all official USFSA tests, and setting dates and obtaining approved USFSA judges for the tests. The Chair will maintain records of testing activities.
- Membership – Will actively administer the Club’s membership.
- Sanctions – Will obtain and ensure proper performance and competition sanctions for all club sponsored events.
- SafeSport – Point of contact for SafeSport incident reporting and ensures policies of USFS SafeSport program are followed at all club events.
- Fundraising – Organize and administer major adopted fundraisers such as the Poinsettias, Spring Flowers and others as developed. May be in conjunction with the Tulsa Figure Skating Foundation.
- Competitions – Organize and implement all organized competition initiatives for the Club.
- Marketing/PR, Sponsorship – Communicate with external media regarding club events and competition results. Develop and maintain a sponsorship advertising program.